Sunday, March 9, 2008

Oh Canada! Link-y carnival goodness

Four Pillars has posted this week's Carnival of Personal Finance #143. My participating entry is the first in the Doomsday Saturday posts, the quick-n-dirty guide to emergency preparedness in $20/20 min a week. Start now!

In a moment of deadly seriousness completely out of keeping with the tone of this blog, my town nearly burned down eight years ago in a massive and quick-moving wildfire that destroyed 400 homes, burned 47,650 acres, and caused the evacuation of my home county. I worked as a 9-1-1 dispatcher for police and fire for nearly 7 years. I'm FEMA-trained in fire and chemical spill emergencies--and I've dealt with them in reality.

You need emergency preparedness. You really do.


This home used to be within an eighth of a mile of where I now sit.

No comments: